In order to achieve maximum potential, individuals need to develop an ability to communicate clearly and effectively. This requires a high level of self-awareness and sensitivity to the impact of their behavior on others – as well as an ability to respond confidently and professionally in a range of situations, including those that are difficult or stressful.
This course will enable delegates to develop specific communication techniques which will be invaluable in a wide range of workplace situations. It will cover the three main categories of behavior within the assertiveness model: passive, aggressive and assertive and will give the opportunity to develop skills in dealing confidently and professionally with colleagues, suppliers and customers. The course will use self-analysis tools and practical examples, and will explore how you can become more assertive.
Poor communication can lead to performance and poor performance can lead to losses hence, a company cannot afford to have poor communication.
The goal of this course is to help members of the team by equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills for effectively conveying understanding.
To enable participants to develop confidence and skills to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations
- To focus on key issues and challenges relating to assertive communication, such as: developing and maintaining self-esteem, working with ‘difficult’ colleagues/customers/suppliers, dealing with aggression and conflict.
- To introduce powerful and flexible tools and techniques for communicating effectively, whatever the participants’ previous experience or circumstances
- To facilitate the development of strategies for improving ongoing personal development
- To cover essential topics in a relatively short time, whilst ensuring an immediate impact
- Increase their self-awareness
- Deal more confidently and professionally with conflict and anger
- Make, refuse and accept requests more effectively
- Handle inter-personal issues more confidently and effectively
- Give and receive feedback more effectively
The organization will:
- Improve internal communication
- Have more effective team players
- Have more confident and competent negotiators
- Experience the benefits of more positive working relationships
- Decrease workplace stress
Self-esteem and confidence –Learning how to develop and maintain self-esteem and understanding the importance of these in underpinning assertive communication.
Body language – Examining the non-verbal aspects of assertive communication and learning to project a positive image.
Identifying rights and responsibilities – Examining the rights and responsibilities of self and others within the context of assertive communication; considering how rights can be asserted sensitively and appropriately.
Recognizing behavior styles -Identifying different behavior characteristics in self and others, and how it affects one’s own confidence and performance.
Dealing with aggressive behavior – Learning how to behave assertively, even when others are behaving aggressively.
Request making and refusing – Identifying ways of being polite but clear and direct in the process of making and refusing requests.
Dealing assertively with criticism – Learning how to give and receive criticism in an effective manner.
Inter-personal issues – How to take a calm and assertive approach in dealing with a range of inter-personal issues in the workplace.
Personal Development Planning – Identifying continuing personal development needs and extending learning into the workplace through a detailed action plan.
Please fill the information below should you wish to register to any of our public training schedules.