Click Here to REGISTER
This 1-day project management course will help you organize, implement and manage your organization’s projects in a superior and efficient manner. After taking this workshop, you can be assured that your project will be clearly communicated, acted on and achieve superior results.
The Fundamentals of Project Management course is designed for companies seeking to implement effective, profitable and practical skills so you can confidentially face and conquer even the toughest challenges. This workshop provides a common language between individuals at the implementation level – marketing, sales, project management, engineering, manufacturing or construction, test and assembly, shipping, installation as well as executive leadership. It will ensure all members of the team are on the same page.
* Provides a common thinking methodology and language for project management at all levels of the organization
* Provides clearly defined project outcomes
* Assures a strong customer focus
* Gets the right people working together
* Helps make sound project decisions
* Assures plans and schedules are realistic and represent commitments
* Assures the “hand-offs” are effectively managed
* Makes skill usage, progress and results measurable
* Identifies project risks and takes action to avoid or mitigate them
* Assures that key data is clearly communicated and acted on
* Identifies and prevents performance problems
Project Management: Concepts & Philosophies
What is a Project?
Projects vs. Operations
What is Project Management?
PM Hierarchy: Portfolio, Programs & Projects
Project Dimensions & Triple Constraints
The module on Project Dimensions & Triple Constraints will give an understanding on the critical areas of knowledge that a Project Manager must be proficient in. The dynamics among Cost, Scope and Time will be discussed together with three other success criteria of a project.
The PM Area of Expertise
The Trade-off Among the Triple Constraints
Criteria for Project Success
Project Roles & Responsibilities
In most cases, the Project Manager is not directly involved in the intricate details of the work. However, the assigned PM must employ a wide range of skills to achieve the project objective/s. In this module, the discussion will focus on the different roles played in a project.
The Role of the Project Manager
The Role of the Project Sponsor
The Project Team Members
The Customers & Users
The Project Management Office
The Project Stakeholders
The Five Phases of Project Management as per Project Management Institute (PMI)
2. Initiating Tasks
3. Need for a Project Objective Statement (POS)
4. Defining the POS
5. SMART POS
– State the POS
– Define Project Scope and Deliverables
– Prioritize Project Constraints
– Planning Project Resources
– “Core Team”
– Which People to Use
– Matching Skills to Tasks
– Project Organization
7. Project Schedule
– Building the Project Schedule
– Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
– Project Plan
– Components of the Work Plan
– Schedule Risks
– 3 Methods for Charting Project Schedule
8. Planning the Budget
10. Analysis of Project Stakeholders
– Conflict Among Key Stakeholders
– Types of Power in Organizations
– Power and You
– Developing Stakeholder Strategy
– Stakeholder Strategy
11. Executing Phase
– Hold Regular Review Meetings
12. Controlling Phase
– Controlling Tasks
– Change Management Process
– Risk Management to include Safety
– Risk Identification
– Risk Quantification
– Risk Management Measures
13. Closing Phase
– Problems at the End of the Project
– Closing Tasks
DELIVERABLES: At the program’s conclusion, the participants will have an understanding and acquire the ability to successfully manage projects: using a to-do list, prioritizing the items on it and working better with others.
Anyone who is involved in deciding business strategies and activities, managing projects, or is otherwise responsible for delivering results within an organization, (e.g. CEO, CFO, manager, supervisors, etc).
This workshop is fast-paced, highly interactive, participatory, and productive. It includes discussions, games, demonstration and practice, lecturettes, storytelling, role plays, and problem solving. Participants will be working individually, in small and large groups.
APPROACH AND DURATION:
As the trainer comes with more than thirty years of real-life corporate experience, the methodology will involve the following:
* Individual Assessments
* Use of participant manual/worksheets
* Use of a combination of presentation and group activities
* Story telling of real-life situations
* Interactive group discussions
* Challenging the thinking of participants
* Providing input to participants’ real-life situations
Case Studies- Several short case studies will be pre-circulated for participants to read and undertake some directed initial analysis. These will be used to illustrate data analysis techniques and as a basis for group discussions.
1. Fill out the registration form by clicking the link on top of this page. You may also download the MS Word attachment send it to email@example.com
2. Our admin team shall send you shortly the Statement of Account/Confirmation of registration. Sign the statement of account to conform and finalize your registration and email the soft copy.
3. Follow the instructions in the statement of account and complete your payment.
4. Send the scanned copy of the Statement of Account and your deposit slip.
5. Should you need an official Billing Invoice, please call us at (02) 4333342 or click here for alternative numbers.