Click Here to REGISTER
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The course aims to enhance your knowledge about proper installation of high voltage cable splices and terminations. Installing and testing cables correctly can ensure an increased life and value for your cables and is therefore important in increasing the longevity of your investment. Any technicians, electrical engineers, and electricians that does installation and maintenance as well as trouble shooting of power cables will benefit from this course.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) based in New York shares that inadequate testing and installation prior to initiating cable splices and termination are the main reasons for failures. However, despite its importance, cable splicing and testing professionals have dwindled in numbers over the past years. With a steady demand for trained professionals, knowledge in this area is definitely an advantage for any electrical professional.
A. Understand and explain the components, construction, and structure of high voltage cables
B. Differentiate different cable types and their varying applications
C. Learn to properly prepare cables for splicing by using hand tools, solvents, and abrasives
D. Learn and identify causes of failures in splices and termination
E. Know the procedures relevant to OSHA safety requirements in relation to splices and termination
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Any technicians, electrical engineers, and electricians that does installation and maintenance as well as trouble shooting of high voltage power cables
Interactive discussions, activities, lectures, and hands-on training
A.Transmission and distribution
B.Underground and overhead systems
II. Underground Cables
B.Types of power cables
III. Splicing Theory
A.Definition of cable splice
B.Functions of high voltage splice
D.Industry standards in cable jointing
E.Cable splicing technologies
IV. Termination Theory
A.What is cable termination
B.Cable termination classifications
D.Types of insulation
E.Cable termination industry standards
F.Cable termination technologies
V. Splice and terminating kit selection criteria
VI. Tools for splicing and termination VII. Cable preparation
VIII. Hands on cold shrink cable termination, upright and inverted type (15kV, tape shield power cable)
IX. Hands on cold shrink cable splice (15kV, tape shield power cable)
You may click the link to download the Registration Form and send it to email@example.com or you may follow the instructions below.
1. Fill out the registration form by clicking the link on top of this page.
2. You may also download the word attachment in the link on top and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Our admin team shall send you shortly the Statement of Account/Confirmation of registration. Sign the statement of account to conform and finalize your registration. For Free Events, you will not be receiving any Statement of Account.
4. Follow the instructions in the statement of account and complete your payment, if applicable.
5. For paid events, you may send the signed and scanned copy of the Statement of Account and your deposit slip, if applicable.
6. Should you need an official Billing Invoice for paid sessions, please call us at (02) 7508-3271.