- This event has passed.
Step Up – Online Leadership and Supervisory Course
August 6, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - August 7, 2020 @ 5:00 pmPhp1199.00
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Leadership has always been an important aspect of work and people relations, so when the COVID-19 pandemic struck, this has become important more than ever. So what does this challenge require? This require leaders who are able to adapt and lead people toward the new normal. This makes learning how to lead even more important. At such a time, we can still rely on some time-tested principles, but we will also introduce some mindsets that may be unique to the need to the current time.
In this module, we will explore these as well as other principles that can help you navigate through this journey. We will attempt to understand how it is to influence people, coach them, and develop their skills. We will also identify their differences in communication styles and know how to respond as a leader. We will explore how coaching can empower people and help them feel a sense of accountability in what they do especially at times when we work from home or could not always directly see our employees. The approach shall be loosely based on some concepts from the “7 Habit of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey, but we shall have it tailored to the Filipino experience. We will also have a discussion about communicating in the middle of change.
- To discuss the definition of leadership and supervision
- To identify the role a leader.
- To discuss pro-activeness and why a leader should have it.
- To discuss the changes it requires to step up and become leader.
- Identify the different communication styles.
- Enumerate the key steps in coaching an individual.
- Discuss Change and Your Role as a Leader
METHODOLOGY: This course is an instructor-lead session that shall be facilitated through Zoom. The session shall be interactive. The facilitator shall solicit participation from the attendees. For optimum participation and learning experience, we suggest that participants join the session with a laptop or desktop. A mobile phone is okay, too, albeit with limited interaction options. To optimize your experience, it will be good if you have a working mic and camera installed or built-in to your device. For your internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Defining Leadership and Supervision
- Types of Leaders
- Managing Perceptions and the EBA
- Lessons on Proactiveness
- Locus of Control – Knowing What You Can and Cannot Do
- Paradigm Growth: Changing to a Leader’s Mindset
- People and Communication
- Coaching Employees
- Navigating Changes
1. Fill out the registration form by clicking the link on top of this page. You may also download the MS Word attachment send it to email@example.com
2. Our admin team shall send you shortly the Statement of Account/Confirmation of registration. Sign the statement of account to conform and finalize your registration and email the soft copy. For free events, you will not receive a Statement of Account. The process will stop here.
3. For paid sessions, follow the instructions in the statement of account and complete your payment.
4. Send the scanned copy of the Statement of Account and your deposit slip, if applicable.
5. If you need an official Billing Invoice for paid sessions, please call us at (02) 34333342 or click here for alternative numbers.