Click here to REGISTER
Course Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
This 8-hour practical course provides you with methods and procedures used internationally in evaluating data obtained on power transformer insulating oils. This course will equip attendees with the knowledge of what is happening inside the transformer up to mitigating possible severe problems that may occur in the transformer; without opening it by just utilizing test data obtained in oil laboratories. Basic information on previous technology and the current technology in insulating oils will also be discussed as to help engineers be safe at site and continue safe operation of the substation.
This will also be discussing condition-based maintenance done on oil-filled power transformer and the insulating oil itself. Moreover, analyzation of the data on lab tests done in insulating oils is the focus of the course. Using correct guidelines, analysis and recommendation is very essential to predict failure modes of the transformer.
Who should attend?
This course will enhance the understanding and increase competencies for:
- Electrical consultants that gives technical advice on maintaining substation apparatus to clients.
- Engineers & technicians in the utility, transmission and generation sectors, that operate and maintain oil filled power transformer in substations.
- Engineers and electricians in commercial and industrial field that maintains oil filled power transformers.
- Electrical engineering graduates who would like to be test and applications engineers and Technicians for substation.
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Have basic knowledge about transformer insulating oils.
- Know different characteristics of transformer insulating oils.
- Have knowledge on what tests to conduct in insulating oils.
- Know proper sampling techniques in transformer tanks.
- Interpret laboratory data and correct present abnormalities in the system.
- Knowledge in present technologies in transformer and transformer oil maintenance.
- Safely maintain and continue good operation of oil immersed power transformer in their facilities.
(4 hours in the Morning)
- What are Insulating Oils
- Oil as insulating material
- What are PCBs?
- History Insulating Oils in Power transformers
- Characteristics of Insulating Oils
- Commonly used Insulating Oils in Power Transformers
- Mineral Oils
- Natural Esters
- Maintenance on Oil Filled Power Transformer and Oil Itself
- Different types of Insulation
- Problems detected by Analysis
- Mineral Insulating Oils Tests (ASTM, IEC and IEEE C57.104 Guidelines)
- Dissolved Gas Analysis Test (DGA)
- Oil quality tests (OQT)
- Furan Analysis Test
(4 hours in the Afternoon)
- Moisture in oil
- Moisture Types
- Different effects of moisture in transformers
- Sampling Techniques and Procedures
- Transformer types
- Proper sampling procedures and techniques
- Interpretation of Data (DGA and OQT)
- Most commonly used Techniques
- IEEE Guidelines C57.104
- Gas Ratios
- Duval’s Triangle
- Corrective actions
- New Tests and Technologies in the Industry
- Online and Offline Tests
- Dielectric Response Analysis
- Case Studies
1. Fill out the registration form by clicking the link on top of this page. You may also download the MS Word attachment send it to email@example.com
2. Our admin team shall send you shortly the Statement of Account/Confirmation of registration. Sign the statement of account to conform and finalize your registration and email the soft copy.
3. Follow the instructions in the statement of account and complete your payment.
4. Send the scanned copy of the Statement of Account and your deposit slip.
5. Should you need an official Billing Invoice, please call us at (02) 4333342 or click here for alternative numbers.