Root Cause Analysis
May 15 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmPhp1299
Click here to REGISTER
DURATION: 6 Hours
Understanding the root causes of past events can lead to actions that create improvements in the future. Root cause analysis is commonly used for the analysis of failures and incidents. Root cause analysis helps an organization to reveal root causes of a particular event of interest, or focus event, so that either the likelihood of them occurring, or their impact if they do occur, can be changed.
In this training, the participants will be able to…
- learn the basic principles of root cause analysis (RCA) and the steps that a process for RCA should include;
- identify a number of attributes for RCA techniques which assist with the selection of an appropriate technique;
- describe each RCA technique and its relative strengths and weaknesses; and
- perform RCA and investigate the causes of non-conformances in quality (and other) management systems as well for failure analysis, e.g., in maintenance or equipment testing.
Part 1 – Definition of Terms
Part 2 – RCA Overview
Part 3 – The RCA Process
- Establishing facts
- Presentation of Results
Part 4 – Selection of techniques for analyzing causes
1. Fill out the registration form by clicking the link on top of this page. You may also download the MS Word attachment send it to email@example.com
2. Our admin team shall send you shortly the Statement of Account/Confirmation of registration. Sign the statement of account to conform and finalize your registration and email the soft copy. For free events, you will not receive a Statement of Account. The process will stop here.
3. For paid sessions, follow the instructions in the statement of account and complete your payment.
4. Send the scanned copy of the Statement of Account and your deposit slip, if applicable.
5. If you need an official Billing Invoice for paid sessions, please call us at (02) 75083271 or click here for alternative numbers.