- This event has passed.
Enhancing Your Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
February 7, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pmPhp3332.22
In a world of increasing competition, your edge will be what you know. Often, this is judged by how well you can communicate. Being in the back-office means that you may not often communicate face-to-face. This means you have to make those opportunities count by communicating well. People who communicate well can make it to the top! The more refined your communication skill is, the more impact you make. Being on the fore-front such as in sales and training on the other hand requires you to refine this skill even more.
Have you ever been challenged on how you can explain technical concepts in a simple, concise, and understandable manner that even your non-tenchnical personnel can understand? Did you ever needed to get someone’s buy-in when you propose your next project but didn’t know where to start?
This module provides you with practical tips to boost your presentation skills. It includes discussions and exercises on how you structure your thoughts and improve the clarity of your messages. Good public speaking skills can enhance your persuasion. Because the corporate world may usually require us to speak in English, we also have a quick review on common English Errors committed by Filipino speakers.
- Review the Basics Effective Communication
Learn about the Effective Thought Patterns used in Speeches
Be able to practice using Effective Thought Patterns in delivering messages
- Introduction of Participants
WIIFM (What’s In It for Me)
- Communication Review 101 (Common Filipino Errors)
- Subject-Verb Agreement
Other Common Errors
Figures of Speech
- Speech Communication
- Elements of Speech Communication (Understanding what they are and how to use them effectively – Each topic includes activities)
7. Rate of Speech
8. Word Choice (Grammar and Vocabulary)
9. Non-Verbal Communication
- Common Thought Patterns Used In Speech – Making a Point (Activity+Discussion)
- STAR (Situation-Task-Action-Result)
- PREP (Point-Reason-Example-Point)
- Effectively Making a Point
- The Faster the Better (Activity to Illustrate Adult Attention Span)
- What is My Point? (Clarity)
- Who is Listening? (Tailor-fitting to your Audience)
- Getting Everyone’s Attention (Effective Hooks)
- Effective Presentations skills
- Developing your content
Power point presentation skills