- This event has passed.
Protective Relaying: Power System Protection Seminar Series
February 23, 2017 @ 8:30 am - February 24, 2017 @ 5:30 pmPhp11000
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
A very important part of any electric power system is Protective Relaying. While usual operations may not require its analysis, troubleshooting any unusual changes, faults, and disturbances makes a good understanding of it a necessity. Protective relaying requires specialization and knowledge of all aspects of electrical power generation from production, to distribution, and consumption.
The training offers a strong foundation knowledge about applications and advances in protective relaying that is very useful in planning, operating, and managing electric power systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course will enhance the understanding and increase competencies for:
- Design Engineers
- Project and/or Construction Engineer
- Utility and/or Maintenance Engineer
- PEE, REE or graduate of Electrical Engineering
A. Power System Protection
- Review on Fault Calculation
- Feeder Protection
- Time Overcurrent
- Instantaneous Overcurrent
- Directional Overcurrent
- Example Calculations
B. Power System Protection
- Differential Protection
- Transformer Differential
- Generator Differential
- Bus Differential
C. Power System Protection
- Line Protection
D. Power System Protection
- System Grounding
- Generator Protection
- Protection requirements
- Protection zones
- Primary and backup protection
- Fault Discrimination
- Protective Relay Performance
- Information Application
- Per unit Calculation Review
Engr. Russell Ian Paragoso, PEE
Engr. Paragoso is an experienced Power System Protection Engineer for years. He was the 1st Placer in the Engineering Board Licensure Examination in 2008 with a CGPA of 86.5%. He gained his experience as a protection engineer at the Visayan Electric Company where he worked with protection and fault calculations using Aspen One-liner and ETAP Power Station.
He designed protection, control and monitoring schematics, and even did testing and commissioning with the protective relays. Later, he worked with Fluor Daniel Phils, an international EPCM company where he worked with protection and control designs. He also previously worked with Saudi Electric Company, then a few other local companies where he has expanded his skills and expertise. He recently attained PEE level and is now working as a freelancer with power system protection projects/testing and commissioning, etc. He has run projects for multiple business conglomerates in the country, solidifying his specialization in the field.
1. Fill out the registration form by clicking here.
2. You may also download the word attachment in the link and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Our admin team shall send you shortly the Statement of Account/Confirmation of registration. Sign the statement of account to conform and finalize your registration.
4. Follow the instructions in the statement of account and complete your learning investment deposit.
5. Send the scanned copy of the signed Statement of Account and your deposit slip.
6. Should you need an official Billing Invoice, please call us at (02)4333342.